Monday, September 1, 2008

Nearly done with the funraising part.

If the numbers are correct, and since Amy did them, I assume they are, then we are nearly done meeting our minimum required goals!!! So, don't stop giving if it's in your blood!

Amy is on me about shoes, I ordered two pair via the internet, not always the most accurate when choosing a 13-mile-in-a-day sneaker, so I get her point. I, the eternal optimist, am hoping one pair will at least get me through the remainder of my training. I have slacked a million slacks these last couple of months due to illness and injury and need to get on the wagon, or pull it. Amy keeps inviting me to walk with her, but something always comes up. This Sunday, I have no plans and know she is going. I will go too. I walked the dogs today, but less than 2 miles, not much.

I am planning to go to the doctor tomorrow about my throat and dry cough. Get it fixed before my booty ends up back in the ICU. Blah. Amy's losing weight like butter in the microwave, that's her bonus for sticking to the training, that should motivate me to get moving. That, and the fact that the marathon is getting super close super fast.

I am excitied about doing this with B (Amy), I have never been to CA with her, or on a trip together, at all. We get a lot of time to spend in San Fran as tourists and I am jazzed!

Thanks to everyone who has gotten us here!!! We all rock!

No comments: